All 13 Songs from Crank High Voltage
Crank High Voltage is a ridiculously entertaining movie, made even more so by the 13 songs from the movie. The score from Mike Patton (of Faith No More) reminds me of the best song mixes from Quentin Tarantino. It is quirky, engaging, eclectic and perfectly suits the movie. And how can you go wrong with a mix of REO Speedwagon, Billy Squier, Marshall Tucker and Little Anthony and the Imperials, plus some other very random songs.
I don’t think I have laughed/cheered at a movie this much in a while. It is so over the top that you could only call it ridiculous or brilliant. I think it’s brilliant.
Here’s the complete list of all 13 songs from the movie, in the order they appeared in Crank 2 High Voltage. I’ve added notes on the scenes they were in where I can remember them. The soundtrack album only has three of the songs (plus the entire score from Mike Patton), but you can find the rest of the songs here – and at Reelsoundtrack.com.
- Kickin’ by Mike Patton
- Song on the radio – Unmei by Love and Hate
- Spacer by Raney Shockne
- Green car pulls alongside him – Tears on My Pillow by Little Anthony and the Imperials
- First song at strip club – Sweet Cream by Mike Patton & Jel
- Second song at strip club – The Stroke by Billy Squier
- Kiss in strip club (and dream kiss at the end) – Keep on Loving You by REO Speedwagon
- F#*k You Tough Guy by T.S.O.L.
- Kaylo’s Brother Dance – Suck My D…! by Dickheadz
- Horse race – Heard It in a Love Song by The Marshall Tucker Band
- Calling card – La Noche by Los Mil Amores
- Honky Tonk Badonkadonk by Jarret & Long
- Final credits song – Fruhlingsstimmen by Felicie Huni-Mihacsek
- Original music for Crank High Voltage – Mike Patton
A couple videos of songs from the movie:
Interview with Mike Patton: