Did You Hear All 23 Songs from the Did You Hear About the Morgans Soundtrack?
They didn’t release a soundtrack album for Did You Hear About the Morgans?, but you can find all 23 songs from the movie here. It’s like a trip back in time, but that’s not such a bad thing. Just as the Morgans head to the hills, the soundtrack takes us back to our musical roots. Most of the songs are from 20 years ago or more, but it’s a good revival.
The Did You Hear About the Morgans soundtrack ranges from Paul McCartney and Bob Dylan to Canned Heat and Buddy Holly. They also threw in a little Twang from George Strait, some Shakin from Los Lobos and a midnight ride from The Allman Brothers. The only song that’s really out of place is I’ve Got You Memorized by Ivy. But you can throw her into any mix and make it better.
The studio did not release a soundtrack album for Did You Hear About the Morgans, but here’s all 23 songs from the movie, with downloads for them as well. Update: I’ve added notes on the scenes from the movie that the songs were in as well.
- Being shot at - Fools - Diane Birch
- Climbing on balcony - Concerto for Oboe And Orchestra In C Major, K.314 – Vienna Mozart Ensemble
- Driving with Marshall - Going Up the Country – Canned Heat
- Bargain Barn - Twang – George Strait
- Driving through Ray - Rollin And Tumblin – Bob Dylan
- Unpacking, can’t sleep - True Love Ways – Buddy Holly
- Movie on TV – Attack on The Indian Village From The Searchers – Max Steiner
- Going for a jog - Why Don’t You Love Me – Hank Williams Sr. (link to the studio musician version of the song)
- Looking at baby pictures at the doctor’s office – The Long Message – Clyde Lawrence
- Assistants are talking about call to adoption agency - I’ve Got You Memorized – Ivy
- Riding horses - Midnight Rider – The Allman Brothers Band
- Dinner – Please Don’t Leave Me – Vic Clay and the Retro Wranglers
- Jogging together - Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea – George Harrison
- Bingo - Saturday Night – Bay City Rollers
- Assistants at dinner - What To Do With Michael – Candy Butchers
- (unknown scene) – Harry’s Juke Box From Dirty Harry – Lalo Schifrin
- Kiss - Dance Tonight – Paul McCartney
- Fair, girl singing - Redneck Woman – Gracie Bea Lawrence (link to Gretchen Wilson version)
- Fair second song - Crazy Little Thing Called Love – Gracie Bea Lawrence (link to the Queen version of the song)
- Rodeo - Jessica – The Allman Brothers Band
- Bull riding - Shakin Shakin Shakes – Los Lobos
- Six months later – New York Is Where I Live – Steve Tyrell
- End credits - We Can Work It Out – Stevie Wonder
Original music for Did You Hear About the Morgans – Theodore Shapiro