All 11 Songs from The Losers Soundtrack
There are only 11 songs in the movie The Losers. They did not release a soundtrack album for the film, but you can find the complete list of the songs plus downloads for most of them here.
The soundtrack includes a mishmash of mostly adrenaline-fueled music, including songs from The Kills, The Heavy and Skunk Anansie, as well as Ram Jam’s classic “Black Betty,” which is a song perfectly designed for a series of ridiculously montaged explosions. I mean that in a good way. It plays through the first half of the Bolivia scenes.
The ubiquitous “Don’t Stop Believin” also makes an appearance a couple times, when “the messenger” is listening to his headphones, when he is being chased out of the building and during the end credits. After the colonel and the girl walk out of the trailer, there’s some kinder, gentler but can’t stop nodding your head with the groove sounds of Amel Larrieux music, sounding almost Mary J. Blige at her best.
The song that many people will probably be looking for is U.R.A. Fever by The Kills, which plays during the fight scene in the hotel and again, when they are hooking up in the trailer.
But for me, the two best songs in the movie are from The Street Sweeper Social Club. The Oath starts off slow but then kicks into something that reminds of a decade ago when Anthrax was teaming up with Public Enemy. Clap for the Killers gets straight into it from the start with a voice that sounds roughly Tricky-esque, and a Killing in the Name of style riff, maybe because Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine is on guitar.
Here’s the complete list of all 11 songs from The Losers. I’ve added the notes for which scenes each of the songs were in (except for two that I had trouble placing). The songs are in the order they appeared in the movie. I’ll add notes on the scenes they were in as soon as I see the movie myself later this weekend.
- Opening song – Champion of the Blind – Kevin W. Buchholz and Jessie Shapiro
- Bolivia - Black Betty – Ram Jam
- On the bus with the kids - Tear the Place Up – Skunk Anansie
- Working on the car – Big Bad Wolf – The Heavy
- Street food / Bar with the girl - Bilongo – Papi Brandao & Sus Ejecutivos
- Fight in the hotel room - U.R.A. Fever – The Kills
- Cemetary - Clap for the Killers – Street Sweeper Social Club
- Love scene in the trailer - U.R.A. Fever - The Kills
- Kissing / walk out the next morning - Sweet Misery – Amel Larrieux
- Bike messenger singing with headphones / running from guards - Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey
- (unknown scene / ?maybe bazooka or arming the bomb) - The Oath – Street Sweeper Social Club
- (unknown scene / ?maybe first end credits song) - Through Tears of Joy – Orchestra Lunatica
- Second end credits song - Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey
Original music for The Losers – John Ottman