All 15 Songs from Transformers Dark of the Moon Soundtrack
There are 15 songs in Transformers Dark of the Moon as well as an additional 8 songs that are on the soundtrack album but weren’t actually in the movie. In fact, there are only three songs from the movie on the soundtrack album, which is a damn shame because there are a number of really good songs that the album completely misses. Among the songs missing from the Transformers Dark of the Moon soundtrack are U2′s North Star, Aerosmith’s Sweet Emotion and Biffy Clyro’s Many of Horror (live version below).
And here’s U2. I can’t find the download for the song North Star, but I hope a live version via video suffices:
I liked Transformers 3 better than the second movie but not quite as much as the first. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is an apt replacement for Megan Fox. She walks on screen and stares through the scene just as well. I was actually a bit surprised that her part was as big as it was.
While the producers of Transformers Dark of the Moon may have fallen for Rosie, the music producers were smitten with two songs in particular, playing them repeatedly throughout the movie. U2′s North Star is the first song in the movie, playing when Carlye gives Sam a stuffed animal bunny rabbit. It also plays when Sam visits Carlye at work. Linkin Park’s Iridescent plays when Sam and the crew are driving to Chicago to save Carlye and also as the first song during the end credits.
Here’s the complete list of songs from Transformers 3 along with notes on the scenes they were in. Enjoy!
- Carlye gives Sam a stuffed bunny – North Star – U2
- Little Autobots watching Star Trek – More Soup from Stark Trek Amok Theme – Gerald Fried
- Little Autobot starts singing – We Are Family – Bernard Edwards and Nile Rodgers
- Sam goes for job interviews – Sweet Emotion (David Thoener Remix) – Aerosmith
- Sam visits Carlye at work – North Star – U2
- (Unknown scene) – The Better Angels of Our Nation – Stars of the Lid
- Sam in the mail room at his job – All That You Are – Goo Goo Dolls
- Sam in the elevator with Jerry Wang – You Light Up My Life – Debby Boone
- Simmons on the O’Reilly Factor – The O’Reilly Factor Theme – Phil Garrod, Reed Hays and Scott Schreer
- Visiting the Russian cosmonauts – Discomalaria – Seryoga
- Dylan and Carlye at dinner – String Quartet No. 12 in C Minor D 703 Quartettsatz – The Kodaly Quartet
- Simmons at NASA – I Will Survive – Freddie Perren and Dino Fekaris
- Driving to Chicago toward to save Carlye – Iridescent – Linkin Park
- Bumblebee pulls out a bunch of rings – Bridal Chorus – Richard Wagner
- First end credits song – Iridescent – Linkin Park
- Second end credits song – Monster – Paramore
- Third end credits song – Many of Horror – Biffy Clyro
- Original score – Original music for Transformers Dark of the Moon – Steve Jablonsky
Here’s Paramore with Monster:
Extra songs that are on the soundtrack album for Transformers Dark of the Moon but that weren’t in the movie itself: