Observe and Report Songs are Better Than the Movie
The previews for Observe and Report looked damn funny. The movie itself – just okay. But there are a few good songs in the movie that make up for it, including a couple from Queen, the Little River Band and a cover of one of my favorite Pixies songs ever – Where is My Mind?. This version is by City Wolf and is not half bad.
Which I guess is how I would describe the movie itself. Not half bad.
There are some funny scenes, but Seth Rogan has been a lot more hilarious, as has Anna Farris. It all feels very derivative of Paul Blart, which was actually funnier than Observe and Report. Two mall cop movies, one season. Maybe it’s just too much to expect both to be good. Or perhaps I wasn’t expecting much from Blart, and was expecting too much from Observe and Report.
Here’s the complete list of all 15 songs from Observe and Report, with notes on the scenes they were playing in where I could figure them out. The videos and downloads for all of them are on Reelsoundtrack.com.
- Opening song – When I Paint My Masterpiece by The Band
- Anna Farris in her car driving to the mall – Super Freek (Remix) by Amanda Blank and Aaron LaCrate
- On the escalator – The Man by Patto
- Lightsabre C*cksucking Blues by McLusky
- Sittin’ Back Easy by Patto
- The Hero by Queen
- Anna Farris in Suburban before date – Fattie Boom Boom by Ranking Dread
- During dinner – Constantly Falling by David Tough
- After dinner – Brain by The Action
- Drugs, drinking and punching skateboarders – Over Under Sideways Down by The Yardbirds
- Mine by Spencer Tross
- Fight – Dwarves Must Die by The Dwarves
- Stolen car – Help Is On Its Way by Little River Band
- Flasher running through the mall – Where Is My Mind by City Wolf
- Taking perv to police station – It’s Late by Queen
- Second credits song – Babyteeth by Pyramid
- Original music for Observe and Report by Joseph Stephens
Here’s the original version of Where is My Mind? by the Pixies: