I Could Listen the 17 Again Soundtrack Again and Again
The 17 Again soundtrack is full of great music. From Santogold, Cat Power and Fergie to Young MC, Limp Bizkit, The Pretenders and Kool & The Gang, you get the best of new music and songs from 10 to 20 years ago. There are 20 songs in all.
I don’t know the last time I heard Kenny Loggins (probably the last time that Top Gun was on TV), but Danger Zone is still a great tune. Same goes for Nookie by Limp Bizkit. When this song first came out, I could not get enough of it. Fred Durst is dust these days, but it’s still a great song. And Bust a Move is still permanently engrained on my brain: “The girl in yellow, she said hello. Come sit next to me you fine fellow.”
But the 17 Again soundtrack doesn’t just live in the past. Santogold ranks at the top of the list of my favorite music right now. After Cat Power’s brilliant contributions to the Juno soundtrack, you can’t help but love them too.
Here’s the complete list of all 20 songs from 17 Again. The soundtrack album has about half of them, but you can find the videos and downloads for all of them at Reelsoundtrack.com too.
- Bust A Move by Young M C [scene: Zac is dancing with the cheerleaders]
- Can’t Say No by The Helio Sequence
- Cherish by Kool & The Gang
- Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins
- Drop by Ying Yang Twins
- Fergalicious by Fergie
- Kid by The Pretenders [scene: teen mike and adult scarlett dance to. thx @ audrina]
- L.E.S. Artistes by Santogold
- Naive by The Kooks [scene: credits]
- Nookie by Limp Bizkit
- Olympian Bass & Drums by The McKinley South Experience
- On My Own by Vincent Vincent and the Villains
- Original music for 17 Again by Rolfe Kent
- Rich Girls by The Virgins
- The Greatest by Cat Power
- The Underdog by Spoon
- This Is Love by Toby Lightman
- You Really Wake Up The Love In Me by Duke Spirit
Extra songs on the soundtrack album: