All 21 Lucky Songs from The Hangover
First of all, The Hangover is hysterical. Second, Hangover Part 2 is also funny as hell. The music perfectly suits a crazy weekend in Thailand or Vegas. Here are all 21 songs from the first movie, with notes on the scenes they were in. Update: you can find all 20+ songs from Hangover 2 here.
You absolutely must see these movies. In fact, if you are in the DC area, ping me, and I will see it over and over again. And I have a feeling the more times I see it, the funnier it is going to get. This is Old School but Vegas style. It isn’t a film you go see on Saturday afternoon. Grab some friends and a couple beers, get your tickets early and then see the late show.
The soundtrack to the movie includes some great music too, from Kanye, T.I. and Flo Rida, to The Donnas, Wolfmother and Mickey Avalon. You can’t miss Ed Helms’ singing Stu’s Song to missing Doug and the rabid tiger either. So good.
They released a soundtrack album with about half of the songs from The Hangover, but it’s missing some of the best ones (e.g., Live Your Life and Right Round). No need to worry, you can find all 21 songs from The Hangover here, in the order they appeared in the movie and with notes on the precise scenes. You can get downloads by clicking on the links below – and can also find the videos for them at Reelsoundtrack.com.
- Opening song – It’s Now Or Never by El Vez
- Opening credits – Thirteen by Danzig
- Driving to Vegas – Take It Off by The Donnas
- Arrive in Vegas – Can’t Tell Me Nothing by Kanye West
- Room at Caesar’s Palace – Live Your Life by T.I.
- Walking to elevator – Who Let The Dogs Out by Baha Men
- Sunrise – Yeah! by Usher and Lil Jon
- Morning – Fever by The Cramps
- Poolside – What Do You Say? by Mickey Avalon (Update: Thanks to CDM for finding the song, which releases on Amazon on Aug 25).
(note: there is some disagreement about which Mickey Avalon song is in the movie. See note below for more details)**
- Chapel – Wedding Bells (Are Breaking Up That Old Gang Of Mine) by Gene Vincent And His Blue Caps
- Mike Tyson – In The Air Tonight by Phil Collins
- Playing piano – Stu’s Song by Ed Helms
- Riding in car with the tiger – Rhythm And Booze by Treat Her Right
- Looking for the man purse in the hotel – Grandma’s Hands by Bill Withers (Thank you Mark for answering in the comments)
- Escalator as Rain Man – Iko Iko by The Belle Stars
- Counting cards – Joker And The Thief by Wolfmother
- Singing in the car driving to desert – Three Best Friends by Zach Galifianakis
- Drive back home – Ride The Sky II by Revolution Mother
- First reception song – Candy Shop by Dan Finnerty
- Second reception song – Fame by The Dan Band
- End credits – Right Round by Flo Rida
**Update 1…there is some debate about which song it is. In order to help answer the question, I went to see the movie again. Watching the credits, it says the song is “What Do You Say?” by Mickey Avalon featuring Dirt Nasty and Andre Legacy. But since nobody can locate the song, some other songs have been thrown out there as possibilities.
- medusasmom over at mickeyavalon.com thinks it is “Do What Ya Do” by Mickey Avalon, Dirt Nasty, Andre Legacy & Lil Jon.
- Motor City, in the comments below, thinks it’s “Say What You Will,” which you can listen to on his MySpace page. Jane and Chase listened to the lyrics of both songs and disagree because “what do you say when you’re too f*cked up?” is not in the song Say What You Will.
What do you think it is? Anybody catch the lyrics from the song? Looks like I may go back for a third charm. Hilarious movie so I can’t say that I would mind.
Update 2: Dustin dug up the actual clip from the movie that contains the song. Brilliant work. If you listen to the lyrics, it’s not appear to be Say What You Will. Any guesses.
Update 3: Consensus is growing that the song is from Mickey Avalon’s forthcoming album. Anybody have additional insights on the new album? (Update: CDM has found the song. “What Do You Say?” is being released on August 25 on Amazon MP3.
Update 4: Thanks @Beasley in the comments for this info — Here’s a tweet from Dirt Nasty —
“All you fans who heard my song with Lil Jon in the Hangover hold tight. Waiting on it to be released on itunes. Keep yall posted. Jeaaaah”10:47 PM Jun 18th from UberTwitter
Videos from other songs in The Hangover: