Imagine That Soundtrack Takes the Beatles for a Fun Ride
I didn’t know whether or not I would enjoy Imagine That. Not because I didn’t think it would be entertainining (it was). Not because I don’t think Eddie Murphy is funny (he is). But because I miss my little girl – who has been out of town for a week – and didn’t know whether the movie would just spin me into a funk (it didn’t).
I actually really enjoyed this movie. It was funny, the music was good and the message was right on target. I encourage any dad to see it. It’s not going to squish you in any way, but it will encourage you to go home a little earlier from the office and play a little harder on the weekends.
The soundtrack to Imagine That would carry that weekend. It features a number of Beatles cover songs by the likes of Matthew Sweet, Susanna Hoffs (of The Bangles fame), Colbie Caillat, Mikal Blue, Landon Pigg and the Paulist Choristers of California. Landon Pigg’s version of Nowhere Man is probably my favorite among the selections.
There are twelve songs in the movie. Here’s the list of songs in the order they appeared, with notes on the scenes they were in.
- Opening – Got to Get You Into My Life by Matthew Sweet and Susanna Hoffs
- Time 4 a Holiday by Robbie Nevil
- Shop – Here Comes the Sun by Colbie Caillat
- Practice singing, and the concert – All You Need is Love by Paulist Choristers of California
- Dance with You by Jon Ehrlich
- We’re Gonna Party by Nikki Paige
- Alone with blanket – Nowhere Man by Landon Pigg
- First choir song – Leaves of Autumn by Paulist Choristers of California
- Second choir song – Sakura by Paulist Choristers of California
- La Marseillaise by Traditional
- Daughter sings – All You Need is Love by Paulist Choristers of California
- Gets the job – Here Comes the Sun (End Title Version) by Mikal Blue and Colbie Caillat
- Original music – Original music for Imagine That by Mark Mancina
- Closing credits – Five Little Monkeys by Karey Kirkpatrick