The Julie and Julia Soundtrack Adds a Dash of Talking Heads and Django Reinhardt
The soundtrack to Julie & Julia features 8 songs, including music from the Talking Heads, Charles Azvanour, Django Reinhardt and Doris Day. To be honest, minus Psycho Killer, I didn’t find the soundtrack to be that appetizing. Maybe I am not enough of a francophone, because I found the soundtrack to be a bit uninspired, kind of like a recipe that forgets a couple spices and therefore comes out tasting a bit like cardboard.
From what I heard about the movie itself (I have yet to see it), the Julia part is great, but Julie could use a bit of work. Perhaps I should be more kind to a fellow movie blogger. Then again, maybe bloggers should just write about movies instead of being in them.
Nevertheless, here are the 8 songs from Julie and Julia. I hope you find them more palatable than I did. If you like French classics, then you very well may:
- Psycho Killer by Talking Heads
- Poudre D’or by Erik Satie
- Mes Emmerdes by Charles Aznavour
- Prince Of Denmark’s March by Jeremiah Clarke
- Minor Swing by Django Reinhardt
- Stop The Train by H. W. Gummer, Mark Noseworthy and Tay Strathaim
- A Bushel And A Peck by Doris Day
- Time After Time by Margaret Whiting
Original music to Julie and Julie by Alexandre Desplat