Exclusive: All 24 Songs from The Blind Side Soundtrack
They did not release a soundtrack album for The Blind Side, but you can find all 24 songs here. It’s an eclectic mix, ranging from the old school rap of Young MC to the much older school jazz of the Dave Brubeck Quartet, and a bunch of songs in between.
It’s a little bit country (Tim McGraw), a little bit classic rock (Canned Heat) and a little bit marching band, featuring four songs performed by the Riverside Community College Marching Band. For those who prefer radio tunes, there’s also Uncle Kracker and Five for Fighting.
The Blind Side opened huge this past weekend. It took me a couple days to get to the soundtrack, because there were so many movies released over the Thanksgiving holiday, but the movie and the music from it are worth a look and a listen.
It’s a shame they didn’t release a soundtrack album to The Blind Side, but not to worry, we have all 24 songs for you here.
(Update: We’ve rearranged the songs so they are in the right order from the movie and have added notes on the songs from most of the scenes from the movie)
- (unkown scene) – Unsquare Dance – Dave Brubeck Quartet
- Opening scene – Cello Song – The Books
- Going to Mike’s home – That Thang – Ashley J. Llorens and Mighty Wyte
- (unknown scene) – Erik Apologizes (from A Walk to Remember) – Mervyn Warren
- Driving to restaurant for dinner – Follow Me – Uncle Kracker
- In the restaurant – Dry No Olives – Jon Gilutin
- (unknown scene) – The Way It Was – Daniel May
- (unknown scene) – Jingle Bells – Daniel Pinnella, Ric Markmann, Chris Wagner, Dean Butterworth, Tracy Waname and Allan Lanning
- (unknown scene) – Catch Me – Marcella Mortellaro
- (unknown scene) – Trouble With Me – Lucy Woodward
- Singing in the car with SJ – Bust A Move – Young MC
- First football game – Showing Off – Riverside Community College Marching Band
- First football game – Hype the Crowd – Riverside Community College Marching Band
- First football game – Charge The Field – Riverside Community College Marching Band
- First football game – Football Funk – Ed Hartman
- First football game – Cheerleaders – John Stary
- Coach’s ringtone on sideline – 1812 Overture (Finale) Ringtone – Zombie Bank
- First football game – Not So Bad Marching Band – Riverside Community College Marching Band
- Highlight reel for recruiting – How High the Moon – Les Paul and Mary Ford
- Party drinking forties – Money Ain’t A Thang – Lawrence Edwards
- (unkown scene) – Get Crazy – Zombie Bank featuring Red Ride
- NFL Draft – Going Up the Country – Canned Heat
- First end credits song – Chances – Five for Fighting
- Second end credits song – Southern Voice – Tim McGraw
Original music for The Blind Side – Carter Burwell