Zombieland Soundtrack Is Alive and Kicking
Zombieland was a damn funny movie. And the music was actually really good too. From Metric, Band of Horses and Doves to Metallica, Van Halen and The Raconteurs, the soundtrack to Zombieland runs the gamut.
Plus, the Zombieland soundtrack has one of my newly favorite should have known it for a long time but only recently discovered songs – Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain. Swell Season played a version of it at the recent show, and I looked back to find the original Willie Nelson version. I love everything Willie but somehow had completely missed this amazing song. In Zombieland, the song plays as they are leaving Wampum.
The movie also features my favorite cameo of any movie. Bill Murray was awesome.
Here are all 27 songs from the movie Zombieland in the order they appeared in the movie and with notes on the scenes they appeared in. The soundtrack album only has the score to the movie, but all the songs are here.
- Capitol dome – The Star-Spangled Banner – John Stafford Smith and Francis Scott Key
- Opening – For Whom the Bell Tolls – Metallica
- In the car at gas station – Feels So Good – Chuck Mangione
- Neighbor comes over panicked – No One’s Gonna Love You – Band of Horses
- (unknown scene) – You’re a Wolf – Sea Wolf
- Grocery store – Duelin’ Banjos – Arthur Smith
- Girls in the car – Gold Guns Girls – Metric
- Hummer – Everybody Wants Some – Van Halen
- Puppy – Puppy Love – Paul Anka
- Stays in the car – Oh! Sweet Nuthin’ – The Velvet Underground
- Breaking stuff – The Marriage of Figaro, K. 492 – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Leaving wampum – Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain – Willie Nelson
- Driving – It’s Only Wednesday – Crash Kings
- Girl driving – Death Prayer in Heaven’s Orchard – Howlin Rain
- Older sister driving – Hard to Come Back – Success
- More driving – Moonlight Kiss – Raul Malo
- Tallahassee driving – Popular from Wicked – Kristin Chenoweth
- Arrive in LA – Kingdom of Rust – Doves
- Ghostbusters – Ghostbusters – Ray Parker Jr.
- Smoking pot – (Don’t Fear) the Reaper – Blue Oyster Cult
- 21 gun salute to Bill Murray – Taps – Daniel Butterfield
- Shooting plates – I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry – Hank Williams
- Drinking wine and dancing – Two of the Lucky Ones – The Droge and Summers Blend
- (unknown scene) – Feel Good About It – Marching Band
- (unknown scene) – Vienna Blood Waltz, Op. 354 – Johann Strauss, Jr.
- Kisses the girl – Your Touch – The Black Keys
- End credits – Salute Your Solution – The Raconteurs
Original music for Zombieland – David Sardy
~ by montelutz on January 7, 2010.