All 18 Songs from the Youth in Revolt Soundtrack
I didn’t know what to expect from the soundtrack to Youth in Revolt. I was hoping for something ridiculously good, like Nick and Norah or Juno. Even Superbad wouldn’t be all that bad (though it was a little Ted Nugent heavy for my tastes). I think they gave us something in between.
There are a couple highlights from the soundtrack. Beulah’s “Popular Mechanics for Lovers” and the Fruit Bats song “When U Love Somebody” rise to the top of my list. I also like the throwback sounds of Jacques Dutronc, Jo Stafford and Brigitte Bardot. Maybe I am just too much of a child of the eighties, but I don’t think you can ever go wrong with Bananarama either, even if its really Fun Boy Three in the limelight.
Youth in Revolt also delivers a healthy collection of Fleshpot songs, including “Pretty Smart,” “Light of Love” and “Happiness Trigger” in the movie. Fatlip is also slowly but surely growing on me.
Here’s the complete list of all 18 songs from Youth in Revolt with downloads for them. Enjoy the Francois Dillinger-esque wickedness that ensues.
- I Fell In Love – The Frank & Friends Big Band
- Happiness Trigger – Fleshpot
- Midnight Rendezvous – Anthony Mawer
- What’s Up Fatlip – Fatlip
- L.O.V.E. – Ashlee Simpson-Wentz
- Ça Pourrait Changer (Don’t You Ever Change Your Mind) – Brigitte Bardot
- Pretty Smart – Fleshpot
- My Romance – Jo Stafford
- I Willn’t Be a Prisoner – Little Wings
- El Mago Cardona – Xocoyotzin Herrera
- T’ain’t What You Do (It’s The Way That You Do It) – Fun Boy Three and Bananarama
- T. Delicieux – John Swihart and Adele Jacques
- Shabop Shalom – Devendra Banhart
- Les Cactus – Jacques Dutronc
- Light Of Love – Fleshpot
- Happy Spirits – Radar Brothers
- When U Love Somebody – Fruit Bats
- Popular Mechanics for Lovers – Beulah
- Original music for Youth in Revolt – John Swihart
- I Have a Boyfriend – Michael Cera (not credited in the movie, but on the soundtrack album)