All 11 Songs from the Legion Soundtrack
There are 11 songs in the movie Legion but the soundtrack album for Legion only has the score on it. You can find all 11 songs here, as well as notes on the scenes they were in. John Frizzell, who also crafted the music for Henry Poole is Here, White Out and Thirteen Ghosts, provided the score for the movie.
The music mostly plays on the diner jukebox during the movie, so it’s a mix of Willie Nelson, Ann-Margaret, Merle Haggard and the like. However, there are a couple other musical scenes as well. King Juju plays when Tyrese is driving toward the diner at the beginning of the movie. And The Showdown razes the scene when the possessed are swarming the minivan that stops to get some gas.
I actually had a bit of a hard time placing the scenes that many of the other songs were in. Definitely could use some help here.
As for the movie itself, at first I was worried that I might have a hard time believing Paul Bettany as a badass angel gone bad by going good, but he was spot on. In fact, I wish I had a copy of the scene in the middle of the movie where he was talking to Jeep about faith and hope. It was the most poignant part of the movie, and was a highlight of the post-apocalyptic movie-fest we are experiencing these days.
Here’s the complete list of songs from Legion in the order they appeared in the movie with notes on many of the scenes.
- Trying to fix the TV – Hello Walls – Willie Nelson
- Tyrese driving – Undisputed – King Juju
- Eating – I Just Don’t Understand – Ann-Margret
- Demon grandma – Deep Purple – The Ravens
- (unknown scene) – Trip Tock – Haim Mazar
- (unknown scene) – The End of The World – Skeeter Davis
- (unknown scene) – O Come All Ye Faithful – Traditional
- Lights come back on – If We Make It Through December – Merle Haggard
- Bad guys swarm the minivan – Achilles, The Breakdown – The Showdown
- (unknown scene) – Die So Young – Dying Regret
- (unknown scene) – Let Us Cross Over the River – John Frizzell