Percy Jackson and the Olympians Soundtrack Steals Songs From the Top of the Charts
There are only six songs in the movie Percy Jackson and the Olympians, but with both Lady Gaga and Ke$ha in the set, the music producers clearly decided they wanted the soundtrack to pack some punch.
There aren’t any songs until about halfway through the movie, when Percy and crew jump on the bus on the start of their journey to visit Hades. AC/DC’s Highway to Hell definitely fits the scene. The music comes back in again when they are heading to Nashville. Dwight Yoakam provides the background music for the beaten up pick-up they are driving.
Vegas provides most of the music, starting with A Little Less Conversation by Elvis and then Poker Face which plays in the Lotus Hotel. Once he says no to the flower, Three Dog Night kicks in with Mama Told Me Not to Come. And Ke$ha rounds out the musical turn as Percy tries to wake up his friends from the Lotus club. The rest of the movie returns to the musical score by Christophe Beck.
Here’s the list of songs from Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, in the order they appeared in the movie and with notes on the scenes they were in. Enjoy!
- Getting on the bus – Highway to Hell – AC/DC
- Driving to Nashville – I’ll Pretend – Dwight Yoakam
- Vegas – A Little Less Conversation (JXL Radio Edit Remix) – Elvis Presley
- Lotus Hotel – Poker Face – Lady Gaga
- Says no to the lotus cookie – Mama Told Me Not to Come – Three Dog Night
- Club in the Lotus / Waking up his friends – Tik Tok – Kes$ha