All 24 Fine Songs from the Brooklyn’s Finest Soundtrack
The Brooklyn’s Finest soundtrack has 24 songs, from Motown to Hip Hip, The Platters to Notorious B.I.G. There are a bunch of songs from The Evil Genious Green Lantern and Dead Prez, featuring folks like Busta Rhymes, Mavado and Johnny Polygon. It’s a good mix of tunes, even if Culture Club and The Rolling Stones may seem a bit out of place. Still, you can’t go wrong with the Isaac Hayes track off of Hot Buttered Soul, one of the best album names ever.
Too bad the soundtrack album for Brooklyn’s Finest doesn’t come out until three weeks after the movie is released. And even then, it looks like it is just going to have the score from Marcelo Zarvos. Not to worry, you can find almost all of the songs here in the order they appeared in the movie.
A non-musical note on the movie: Brooklyn’s Finest brings half the family from Training Day back for another gritty take on life as a cop – this time in the rough and tumble of Brooklyn. Ethan Hawke plays an Ethan Hawke cop. Richard Gere takes on the role of father cop. And you can never go wrong with Don Cheadle. Plus it’s good to see Wesley Snipes getting straight with the feds. It’s a good cast matched with some good songs.
Here’s the complete list of songs from Brooklyn’s Finest in the order they appeared in the movie. Check back for info on the scenes they were in (or pipe in below and I will add notes to the post).
- Sincerely – Harvey and The Moonglows
- Murder – Malcolm Kirby Jr. and H. Martin
- The Great Pretender – The Platters
- Stylin – Papoose [note: this song may be out of sequence]
- The Champ – Fogg
- NYDP – DJ Green Lantern and Dead Prez
- Who is He (And What is He to You) – Bill Withers
- Without Love There’s Nothing – Clyde McPhatter
- You’re Nobody (Til Somebody Kills You) – Notorious B.I.G.
- Hyperbolicsyllabicsesquedalymistic – Isaac Hayes (from the album Hot Buttered Soul, the best album title ever)
- Informer – The Evil Genious Green Lantern and Dead Prez, featuring Mavado
- Soothe Me – The Simms Twins
- Sympathy for the Devil – The Rolling Stones
- Bullet Bullet – The Evil Genious Green Lantern and Dead Prez, featuring Johnny Polygon
- However Do You Want It – Maino
- BK Where You From – Joell Ortiz
- Woman’s Gotta Have It – Bobby Womack
- When You Love Somebody – Leela James
- Time (Clock Of The Heart) – Boy George, Michael Craig, Rob Hay and John Moss
- Sea Of Love – George Khoury and Philip Baptiste
- Where’s My Money – The Evil Genious DJ Green Lantern and Dead Prez, featuring Busta Rhymes
- You Don’t Know What You’re Doing – Sound Experience
- #!*% You Tonight – Sean Combs, Robert Kelley, Daron Jones, Christopher Wallace [performed by Notorious B.I.G.]
- Hey Love – The Delfonics
- Here Comes Trouble – Maino [this is actually the 25th song – i missed it the first time]