All 18 songs from the missing Date Night soundtrack
The Date Night soundtrack is missing, as in, they did not release one. But you can find all 18 songs from the movie here, with the downloads for them as well. There are good times tunes from Teddybears and The Ramones, love songs from John Mayer and A B O’Neill, a little bit of dirt and grime from Cee-Lo and Amanda Blank, as well as some ambient / house music in the form Kaskade and Spiral System. It’s a strange musical journey but a one that should not be missed.
I know John Mayer has been a total jackass lately, but you have to admit Heartbreak Warfare is an amazing song. The guy may be a douche, but he is a talented bag o’ wind.
(Updated) The set of ambient and house tunes in the mix is strange for a movie like but it works. The songs are featured in the Claw restaurant scenes and at the club toward the end of the movie. I was hoping that there was enough natural chemistry between Steve Carrell and Tina Fey to pull the movie off. And there was. Individually, they both are hysterical. Together, they are even better.
Here’s Amanda Blank with a little bit of chemistry:
The complete list of songs from Date Night with notes on the scenes that all but one of them were in and downloads for about half of them is below. I’ve had a heck of a time finding the songs from the movie individually. In this case, it really would have helped if they had pulled the songs together in an album. But they didn’t, so I have posted the links that I could locate and turn to you to help find the others. If you happen to find links to any of the others, please post something in the comments and I will update the post accordingly.
- Opening scene – Blitzkrieg Bop – The Ramones
- Dinner at steak house – Why Me – Margie Balter
- Gameroom with buddy after book club – Date Night Blues – The Rave-Ups
- Driving in car, getting ready for date – Heartbreak Warfare – John Mayer
- Claw restaurant – French Connection – Solar Budd
- Going to table at Claw – I’ll Never Dream – Kaskade
- Eating dinner at Claw – Moving On – Morgan Page
- Joe Maletto – Fresh Groove – Muddy Funksters
- Holbrooke’s house (Mark Wahlberg) – I Want’a Do Something Freaky To You – Leon Haywood
- Car chase – Cobrastyle – Teddybears Sthlm
- (unknown scene) – Sex Slave Ship – Steven Bingley-Ellison
- Walk into the club – God Created Woman – A. B. O’Neill [her MySpace page with the song on it]
- Dressed up in club – Elephant – Spiral System
- Dancers at the club – Production – Lemonworks
- Back room with the DA Crenshaw – Something Bigger, Something Better – Amanda Blank
- Dancing for Crenshaw – Love Gun – Cee-Lo
- Dancing for Crenshaw – Stone – Terry Lynn
- Going home, kiss on front lawn – (Your Love Has Lifted Me) Higher And Higher – Jackie Wilson [link to Otis Redding version]
Original music for Date Night – Christophe Beck