Clint Mansell, Mozart and Chesney Hawkes are the Men within the Moon Soundtrack
There are only four songs in the movie Moon, including tunes from Mozart, Chesney Hawkes and Katrina and the Waves. But the movie also has a pretty incredible score from Clint Mansell, which is performed by Orphans of the Storm.
This was a trippy but intriguing movie about what happens when a lone man is lunar for a bit too long. Sam Rockwell, who is just about the only person in the film, does a brilliant job being bizarre, even mildly disturbed, but still relatable. I won’t tell you anything more about the movie because I don’t want to have to slap spoiler across the top of the post, but it is an interesting movie for sure. You can find it on DVD or Netflix instant play.
The soundtrack album for Moon is available as an import CD only, not as a download. It only has the score from Clint Mansell on it, but it is one heck of a score – haunting, ethereal and otherwordly. It captures both the loneliness and expanse of solo duty 200,000 miles away from Earth. Mansell has scored more than a dozen movies, starting with Pi and moving on to The Fountain, The Wrestler and Definitely, Maybe.
Here’s the complete list of songs from Moon, in the order they appeared in the movie and with notes on all of the scenes they were in except for the first song. I was able to find the downloads for most of the songs. I could not find Ripples, or the original version of One and Only, but the video for the latter is below.
- (unknown scene) – Flute and Harp Concerto K299 2nd Movement – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Clipping the plants after wife’s message – Ripples – Benjamin Wallfisch
- Wakes up after dream of his wife – One And Only – Chesney Hawkes [link to alternate version of the song]
- Dancing – Walking On Sunshine – Katrina and The Waves
- Wakes up with a nose bleed – One And Only – Chesney Hawkes [repeat song]
Original music for Moon – Clint Mansell