All 21 Songs from the MacGruber Soundtrack
MacGruber, making kick-ass soundtracks with 80s songs and indie rock music such as Toto and Wolfmother…MacGruber! Kinda bummed that only half the songs are on the soundtrack album, MacGruber. But it’s okay cuz we’ve got them all here – MacGruber!! All it took was a quick fix from a gum wrapper, a paper clip, a chocolate bar and a phonograph – MacGruber!!! The result is a bit sticky, but it plays. Hell yeah it plays. Because it’s MacGruber.
True we had to snip a few wires that seemed unnecessary anyways and there was a bit of an explosion in the end, but I could swear that was just the bass kicking in. Not that it matters, because we’ll be back for another episode regardless of the fireball. We’re alive and kicking – just like the soundtrack itself.
So I am a little excited about this movie – probably too much so. But that’s alright. If it’s half as good as the soundtrack is fun, it will be a grand ole time. After all, when’s the next time you will find Toto, Mr Mister and Eddie Money paired up with The Hives, The Black Keys and Wolfmother? Let the summer silly season begin. BTW – what ever happened to Quarterflash?
I also really like the song “Dark Matter” by Andrew Bird. First time I had heard his stuff. Will definitely be checking out more of his music.
Here’s the complete list of songs from MacGruber. Stay tuned for more info about the specific scenes that the songs were in.
- Dark Matter – Andrew Wegman Bird
- Take Me Home Tonight – Eddie Money
- Macgruber’s Theme – Cornbread Compton and The Silver Lake Chorus
- Heavy Soul – The Black Keys
- Jay’s Blues – Daniel May
- Rosanna – Toto
- Harden My Heart – Quarterflash
- Baker Street – Gerry Rafferty
- Broken Wings – Mr Mister
- Touch And Go – Emerson, Lake & Powell
- Woman – Wolfmother
- Viper – Incognito
- Steal Away – Robbie Dupree
- The Perfect Number – Vicki St Elmo
- Eiger Summit – Jon Kull
- Doppelganger – Jon Kull
- Tick Tick Boom – The Hives
- Love Is A Wonderful Thing – Michael Bolton [link to version by Ballad Singers United]
- We Happen To Be Clubbing – Asa Taccone and Drew Campbell
- Rock My Body – Vicki St Elmo
- We Are – Wendy Darling
Original music for MacGruber – Matthew Compton