All 28 Songs from the Sex and the City 2 Soundtrack
There are 28 songs in Sex and The City 2. About half of them are on the soundtrack album, but you can find all of the songs here, including tunes from Alicia Keys, Jennifer Hudson, Leona Lewis, Liza Minnelli and Erykah Badu.
The movie starts out with a couple Sex and the City classics: the theme song and Labels or Love (from the first movie) mixed in with Empire State of Mind as well. I was also digging on the Alicia Keys version of Rapture, originally recorded by Blondie. I enjoyed these songs a lot more than those at the end of the movie. Love Is Your Color by Jennifer Hudson and Leona Lewis was a miss and I’d prefer not to go near Ricki-Lee’s song Can’t Touch It.
One of the most memorable songs from the movie that many people are sure to talk about is Liza Minnelli’s version of Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It). Lots of fun.
I also liked the fact that Erykah Badu, Cyndi Lauper and Dido had songs in the movie too.
As for the movie itself…to be honest, I was a bit mixed on it. There were some great laughs in it, but there were also a lot of forced lines delivered pretty deliberately. I am sure that the laughs will linger longer than the memories of these misses for most people. So if that’s the measure, most people who saw the movie and have sought out the tunes probably loved it. It’s a good popcorn movie that’s sure to get some laughs, even if some of those are aimed at Carrie’s Cruella Deville meets the Dark Crystal wedding hat or Samantha’s spiked American Gladiator shoulder pads.
Here’s the complete list of songs from Sex and the City 2 in the order they appeared in the movie and with notes on the scenes they were in. I’ve been able to find the downloads for most of the songs.
- Very beginning of the movie – Sex and The City – Doug Cuomo
- Opening credits – Empire State of Mind – Jay-Z
- Second song during opening credits – Labels or Love – Rico Love and Salaam Remi Gibbs [link to version by Fergie from the first movie]
- The girls in 1986 – Rapture – Alicia Keys
- Walking into the wedding – If Ever I Would Leave You – Sex And The City Men’s Choir
- Stanford in white – Till There Was You – Sex And The City Men’s Choir
- Carrie telling Stanford about wearing white – Like A Virgin – Tom Kelly and Billy Steinberg [Link to Madonna song]
- Walking down the aisle – Sunrise Sunset – Sex And The City Men’s Choir
- Liza singing after the vows – Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) – Liza Minnelli
- Miranda answers phone while kissing – Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered – Jordan Ballard
- Anniversary dinner – Window Seat – Erykah Badu
- Carrie and Samantha shopping for a dress – Everything to Lose – Dido
- VIP after party – The Marriage of Figaro – Van Spinney Spine vs Mozart
- VIP after party – Songs Remind Me of You – Annie
- (unknown scene) – Aurora – Paul Hepker
- (unknown scene) – Recap Act End – Bruce Hanifan
- (unknown scene) – Goliath Full M2 – Bruce Hanifan
- (unknown scene) – Kidda – Natacha Atlas
- Guy singing karaoke – Feels Like The First Time – Daoud Heidami [link to original version by Foreigner]
- The girls singing karaoke – I Am Woman – Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon
- After karaoke – Language of Love – Cee-Lo
- Carrie walking on the beach – Chill’In Sunset – R.E.G. Project
- Dinner with Aidan – Odna – Buddha
- After black diamond – True Colors – Cyndi Lauper
- Black & white movie – On To Washington – Frederick Hollander
- Black & white movie – Epilogue & Finale – Frederick Hollander
- End credits song – Can’t Touch It – Ricki-Lee
- Second end credits song – Love Is Your Color – Jennifer Hudson and Leona Lewis
Original music for Sex and the City 2 – Aaron Zigman
Extra songs on the soundtrack album that aren’t in the movie: