All 15 Songs from the Knight & Day Soundtrack
There are 15 songs in Knight & Day, ranging from Gotan Project to Hall & Oates, but the soundtrack album for the movie only has the score. We’re not satisfied with that result, so here’s the complete list of 15 songs from Knight & Day. We’ve thrown in videos and downloads for them to boot. Happy summer.
Good action, good comedy, good chemistry – I really liked this movie. Tom Cruise definitely proved that despite all the crazy he can still really carry a film. The music is a bit helter skelter and hard to place at times, but there are definitely some good tunes. Gotan Project serves as the musical backdrop for the first slice of film, as do a few other score tracks from other movies, such as Confident and The Taking of Pelham 123, the latter of which is a song called “An Ass Model Named Lavitka” by Harry Gregson-Williams. That has to be one of the most ridiculously badass names for a song I have ever heard.
Speaking of badassitude, my sincere hope is that people will also be trying to track down the song that the trucker was seeing when the plane crashed around him, because you can never – I say never – go wrong with the Scorpions. You can sometimes go wrong with The Black Eyed Peas, who are super saturated these days, but they prove to hold their luck again here. Someday (the Theme from Knight & Day), which plays over the end credits, is actually a really catchy tune.
But the song that will stick (for better or worse) will be Louie Louie, which is guaranteed to be stuck in my head for weeks. I kept on thinking, I wonder if I could get hold of my brother’s phone and rig it to ring that song over and over again just to mess with him. Great song, but wow, it played about a dozen times. Check out this clip from the show Shindig. I dig it the most.
Here’s the complete list of songs from Knight & Day with the links for most of the tunes. Hope you enjoy the songs as much as I enjoyed the movie. I’m even thinking about going back for seconds. Haven’t been that many movies this summer that I would say that for.
- Ringtone on his movement detected phone (throughout the movie) – Louie Louie – The Kingsmen
- On the plane, making a list – Santa Maria – Gotan Project
- Fight on the plane – Santa Maria (Pepe Braddock Remix) – Gotan Project
- Trucker singing song during plane crash – Rock You Like a Hurricane – Scorpions
- Car chase after pie in the diner – Diferente – Gotan Project
- Phone alert – Louie Louie – The Kingsmen
- Brooklyn, Simon’s safe house – Private Eyes – Daryl Hall & John Oates
- Phone alert on the island – Louie Louie – The Kingsmen
- On the train? (note: from the movie Confidence) – Dolby’s Con – Christophe Beck
- Hotel? – Workin’ All Night – Hot Toothpaste
- (unknown scene, note: song is from The Taking of Pelham 123) – An Ass Model Named Lavitka – Harry Gregson-Williams
- Wedding or Simon’s headphones? – Shot Down – The Sonics
- Simon’s headphones? – Tales of Old Street Fighters – The Drivers
- Auto body shop – Louie Louie – The Kingsmen
- Sevilla – La Cancio de San Fermin – Traditional
- Takes Roy from hospital and drives – Ride Like the Wind – Christopher Cross and Chuck Sabatino
- Driving off from beach stand – L’Amour D’un Jour – Jose Reyes y Los Reyes
- End credits – Someday (Theme from Knight Day) – The Black Eyed Peas
Original music for Knight & Day – John Powell