All 18 Songs from The Social Network Soundtrack
The soundtrack for The Social Network features a great score from Trent Reznor but the soundtrack album is missing the 18 songs that are in the movie. Not to worry, thanks to a little scribbledy scrawl at the midnight show, we’ve pulled together the complete list of all the songs from The Social Network with notes on the scenes they are in and downloads for most of them.
It’s quite the mix of music actually, starting with the White Stripes before venturing to Roots Manuva, the Cramps classic “Like a Bad Girl Should,” the Dead Kennedys and the old school hip hop of Ronnie Hudson.
There’s even a bit of house music of Dennis de Laat and an a cappella version of “I Swear” by Bruin Harmony, made famous (or infamous) by All-4-One. Throw in Bob Marley, The Beatles and Super Furry Animals, and you will realize what a strange little journey it is.
But the musical glue that tied it all together was certainly the score from Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross. From the initial wandering scenes to all the crazy that followed, the persistent haunt set just the right amount of uneasiness to disquiet you but engage you at the same time. It was like the best parts of Downward Spiral.
A bit about the movie itself. Simply put – it’s awesome. David Fincher should direct every movie. The hyper-contrast stop-motionesque treatment of the rowing scene was one of my favorites visually. Similarly, Aaron Sorkin is at his finest here. The script is tight, the lines are biting, the portrayal is brutal, but it’s also emphathetic in a not so-twisted way.
Here’s the list of all 17 songs from The Social Network soundtrack. Hope you enjoy the music as much as I enjoyed the movie.
- Opening scene at the bar with his girlfriend – Ball And Biscuit – White Stripes
- Blogging on Live Journal after breakup – Man Fi Cool – Roots Manuva
- (unknown scene) – Dreadlock Holiday – Eric Stewart and Graham Gouldman (performed by 10cc)
- Caribbean party – So I Wait – Three Hour Tour
- A capella singing group / thefacebook launches – I Swear – UCLA’s Bruin Harmony [ link to original by All-4-One]
- (unknown scene) – Like A Bad Girl Should – The Cramps [link to version by the Torpedo Monkeys]
- Talk about moving to Palo Alto (?)- Ital Visions – Roots Manuva
- Intern coding & drinking contest – California Uber Alles – Dead Kennedys
- Swimming pool zipline – West Coast Poplock – Ronnie Hudson
- Club with Sean Parker – The Sound Of Violence – Dennis De Laat
- Rowing competition in England – In the Hall of the Mountain King Op. 23 – Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross [link to version by San Francisco Symphony Orchestra]
- After the rowing competition – Arrival Of The Queen Of Sheba – Lumiere String Quartet
- Girls playing videogames – Crazy Baldhead – Bob Marley & The Wailers
- (unknown scene) – Hesitation (Instrumental Version) – Exray’s
- Zuckerberg in the car with Sean Parker on the way to play trick on Case investments – Underground Rapstar (Post-Mortem Remix) – Cage
- Eduardo contract (?) – Bleed Forever – Super Furry Animals
- House party – Black Book Lodge – Gluecifer
- Tries to add Erica as a friend / end credits – Baby, You’re A Rich Man – The Beatles [cover version of the song]
- Original music for The Social Network – Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
~ by montelutz on October 1, 2010.