All 18 Songs From the Gnomeo and Juliet Soundtrack
The Gnomeo and Juliet soundtrack includes 18 songs, 13 of which are by Elton John. The score also features snippets of a bunch of Elton John songs as well. You can even see an Elton Gnome in the movie, complete with piano and all. In fact, the only person more explicitly linked to the movie would be Shakespeare himself, who makes an appearance in animated statue form as Patrick Stewart.
Stewart, who is perhaps best known as Jean Luc Picard from Star Trek, is actually a veteran of Shakespeare theater. His part in the movie is one of many hidden Shakespearean references in the movie, from the truck carrying Tempest tea pots to “gnomes by any other name.” The best cameo of the movie goes to Hulk Hogan though as the Terrafirmanator, the most ridiculous home improvement megamachine you could imagine.
Gnomeo & Juliet is funny and entertaining, and the music is a lot of fun as well. My daughter even jumped up and danced at the end of the movie. Of the 13 Elton John songs in Gnomeo & Juliet, my favorite is probably Your Song, at least of the ones you can discern. Rocket Man and Tiny Dancer are great songs, but it was hard to discern the parts of the score that they were featured in. Bennie and the Jets is also one of my favorites, but it was tucked away as well.
Here’s the complete list of all 18 songs from Gnomeo and Juliet, with notes on the scenes most of them were in. The soundtrack album features 10 of the songs in it. You can find the downloads for them below.
- Opening scene – Crocodile Rock – Elton John and Bernie Taupin
- Opening – Tiny Dancer – Elton John and Bernie Taupin
- Opening – Rocket Man – Elton John and Bernie Taupin
- Lawnmower race – Saturday Night’s Alright (For Fighting) – Elton John
- Gnomeo sees Juliet – Hello Hello – Elton John and Lady GaGa
- Flamingo – The Tiki Tiki Tiki Room – Wally Boag, Fulton Burley, Thurl Ravenscroft and The Mellomen
- Gnomeo and Juliet holding hands in neighbor’s yard – Your Song – Elton John and Bernie Taupin
- Lady in the garden – Don’t Cha – Anthony L. Ray and Thomas DeCarlo Callaway
- Man in the garden (uncredited) – Insane in the Brain – Cypress Hill
- Gnomeo and Juliet getting ready for their date – Don’t Go Breaking My Heart – Elton John and Kiki Dee
- (unkown scene) – The Bitch Is Back – Elton John and Bernie Taupin
- Paris sings to Juliette and then the frog – Your Song – Elton John
- (unkown scene) – I’ve Got A Lovely Bunch Of Coconuts – Fred Heatherton [link to version by Freddy Martin]
- Flamingo’s pictures and memories – Love Builds A Garden – Elton John
- (unkown scene) – Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word – Elton John and Bernie Taupin
- (unkown scene) – I’m Still Standing – Elton John and Bernie Taupin
- Elton John as a gnome playing on the piano – Bennie And The Jets – Elton John and Bernie Taupin
- Dance at the end of the movie – Crocodile Rock – Nelly Furtado [link to version by Elton John]
- original music – Original music for Gnomeo and Juliet – James Newton Howard