All 26 Songs from the Crazy Heart Soundtrack
Here are all 26 songs from the Crazy Heart soundtrack with notes on each scene they were in and in the order they appeared in the movie. Let me just say that this is a brilliant soundtrack. T. Bone Burnett has never steered us wrong, and he certainly doesn’t here.
Don’t be fooled by the description of the movie as the story of a country singer. It doesn’t matter whether or not you like country music – you will love this music and this movie. It’s good ole school bluesy country that speaks truth and heartache all in the same.
The movie kicks off in a bowling alley. I could not help but think the dude abides. And he does. Jeff Bridges was awesome. Who knew the man could channel Waylon Jennings? And not just the hat and glasses – he sounds damn good too. As does Ryan Bingham, who backs Bridges up in the bowling alley and sings the definitive version of The Weary Kind, the theme song from Crazy Heart, that won the Golden Globe for best original song.
I don’t know how many people are going to end up seeing Crazy Heart. Certainly not as many as should. This was a great film with one of the best soundtracks of 2009. This is kicking the year off right. Fallin’ & Flyin’, Hold on You, Brand New Angel and The Weary Kind are the right kind of music for me. Enjoy.
The Crazy Heart soundtrack album has a good number of the songs from the movie, but you can find them all below. I was able to identify 29 out of the 30 scenes with songs in them (some of the songs are used a couple times). If you know the unknown scene below, please let me know in the comments.
- Opening scene – Hold on You – Jeff Bridges
- Bowling alley – Hello Trouble – Buck Owens
- Liquor store – My Baby’s Gone – The Louvin Brothers
- Showtime – Somebody Else – Jeff Bridges
- Bad goes outside to puke – I Don’t Know – Ryan Bingham
- Guy playing piano – Wesley’s Piano – Rick Dial
- Show in Santa Fe – Fallin’ & Flyin’ – Jeff Bridges
- Talking to woman after he sings – Searching (For Someone Like You) – Kitty Wells
- Second song first night in Santa Fe – Hold on You – Jeff Bridges
- Second night in Santa Fe – I Don’t Know – Jeff Bridges
- In the van – Once A Gambler – Lightnin Hopkins
- Road to Phoenix – Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way – Waylon Jennings
- Warm up – I Let The Freight Train Carry Me On – The Delmore Brothers
- Restaurant – Color of The Blues – George Jones
- Before concert – Joy – Lucinda Williams
- Duet at concert with Tommy – Fallin’ & Flyin’ – Colin Farrell and Jeff Bridges
- Tommy sings – Gone, Gone, Gone – Colin Farrell
- In bed after the accident – The Weary Kind (Theme from Crazy Heart) – Jeff Bridges
- (unknown scene) – If I Needed You – Townes Van Zandt
- Tells her he loves her – Reflecting Light – Sam Phillips
- In Houston – The Weary Kind (Theme From Crazy Heart) – Jeff Bridges
- Robert Duvall’s restaurant – Mal Hombre – Lydia Mendoza
- On the porch – The Weary Kind (Theme from Crazy Heart) – Jeff Bridges
- Fishing – Live Forever – Robert Duvall
- Mexican restaurant, loses Buddy – The Barnyard – Thomas R. Hopkins
- Sober – Brand New Angel – Jeff Bridges
- Tommy, 16 months later – The Weary Kind (Theme from Crazy Heart) – Colin Farrell
- First end credits song – The Weary Kind (Theme from Crazy Heart) – Ryan Bingham
- Second end credits song – Hold on You – Jeff Bridges
- Third end credits song – Live Forever – Robert Duvall