All 26 Songs from The Other Guys Soundtrack
There are 26 songs on The Other Guys soundtrack but they did not release an album for the movie. However, you can find all 26 songs, plus the video and downloads from The Other Guys here. It’s an interesting mix, including three songs from TLC (Creep, No Scrubs and Waterfalls). That alone is worth it. Damn they were good in their day, before tragedy set in.
The rest of the soundtrack for The Other Guys is far from tragic, but it is downright eclectic. I love Goldfrapp and was pleasantly surprised to find Ooh La La in th movie. There’s soundtrack staple the Black Eyed Peas and Wyclef Jean (who strangely enough announced that he is running for president of Haiti this week). There’s also some Rage Against the Machine and The White Stripes as well as Mamas and the Papas and Donovan.
Want ballads? We have Against All Odds by Phil Collins. What about some hip hop? How ’bout Swizz Beatz. Feeling like a little taste of a different era? We’ve got Big Girls Don’t Cry. Twenty six songs and something for everyone. That’s about the only theme I could find in the mix. Maybe we should just boil it down describing the music from The Other Guys to a soundtrack mixed with songs designed to entertain in waining weeks of summer, like the movie itself.
Here’s the complete list of songs from The Other Guys, with links to most of the songs from the movie. Update: I’ve added notes for the scenes that each of the songs were in.
- Opening chase scene – We Trying To Stay Alive – Wyclef Jean
- Explosion / press conference – Top Down – Swizz Beatz
- Humming while doing paperwork – Theme From S.W.A.T. – Barry DeVorzon
- Humming and smiling – Jeannie – Buddy Kaye and Hugo Montenegro (theme from I Dream of Jeannie)
- Hero cops chase after the wrecking ball – My Hero – Foo Fighters
- Funeral – The Minstrel Boy – The Pipes & Drums of the Emerald Society
- Funeral reception – Bad Boys – Ian Lewis
- Hoitz puts CD in the car – Let The Dragon Loose – Gorgon Thunder
- Gamble changes the music – Reminiscing – Little River Band
- Adobe Premiere profile of David Ershon – Lendl Global Jingle – Chris Henchy, Erica Weis, Adam McKay and Orr Ravhon
- Singing at the Irish Pub – Ugly Sunday – The Seamus Brothers
- Background music at the bar? – Smoke Road – Steve Carter and Jared Kahn
- Dance class – Ballet Classique – Orr Ravhon and Erica Weis
- Jersey Boys – Big Girls Don’t Cry – The Jersey Boys (link to original by Four Seasons)
- Captain tells them “don’t go chasing waterfalls” – Waterfalls – TLC
- Gamble’s wife sings to him – Pimps Don’t Cry – Jon Brion, Adam McKay, Will Farrell, Erica Weis
- Go out drinking / funky still pictures – Imma Be – Black Eyed Peas
- Hoitz smashes his computer – I Don’t Have The Heart – The Hit Crew (originally performed by James Ingram)
- Traffic duty – Season Of The Witch – Donovan
- Talking under the bed – Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now) – Phil Collins
- At Bed Bath & Beyond, captain says “I don’t want know scrubs” – No Scrubs – Kevin Briggs, Kandi L. Burruss and Tameka Cottle (originally performed by TLC)
- Captain says “You’ve Got to Creep, Creep” – Creep – Dallas Austin (originally performed by TLC)
- Fire fight in the office with Ershon – Icky Thump – The White Stripes
- Lovescene – Ooh La La – Goldfrapp
- Gamble says “I brought some music” for the final car chase – Monday, Monday – The Mamas and the Papas
- Wrap up and wedding – Waterfalls – TLC
- End credits – Maggie’s Farm – Rage Against the Machine
- Second end credits song – Pimps Don’t Cry – Cee-Lo Green