All 39 Songs from the Country Strong Soundtrack
There are 39 songs in Country Strong but only 13 on the soundtrack album. You can find all of the songs from Country Strong as well as information about the scenes they were in in the movie here. I’ve been able to identify almost all of the scenes.
Even though I’m from Texas, I’m far from being the world’s biggest country music fan, but there are some great country songs in Country Strong, starting with Garrett Hedlund’s version of “Silver Wings” that opens the movie.
I also really enjoyed “Chances Are” as well as the “Give In To Me” duet between Garrett Hedlund and Leighton Meester.
For me, their music was more of a star of the movie than Gwyneth’s songs. This surprised me a bit because I was actually, strangely excited to see hear Gwyneth’s songs. In fact, I have to admit that I was making fun of this movie until I saw Gwyneth on Glee. She was awesome on Glee, and I thought to myself, well, maybe this won’t be so awful after all.
When I saw that Country Strong has 39 songs in it, the soundtrack addict in me started to get a bit excited for the movie.
I was at CES all last week so it took me a little while to pull together all of the info on the scenes that the songs are in, but here they are. I hope you enjoy the music from Country Strong.
- Opening, Beau playing on stage – Silver wings – Garrett Hedlund [link to version by Merle Haggard]
- Background at bar where Beau is playing – Thirsty – Hank Williams Jr.
- Background music at The Stage – Hangin’ On – Jypsi
- Chiles and Beau singing backstage and on stage – Friends In Low Places – Garrett Hedlund and Leighton Meester [link to cover version]
- Beau’s first song at The Stage – Hard Out Here – Garrett Hedlund
- After Beau sings, talking to Chiles – Honky Tonk Blues – Hank Williams Sr.
- Beau and Chiles on stage at the Stage – Friends in Low Places – Garrett Hedlund and Leighton Meester
- Chiles sings her first solo song at The Stage – Summer Girl – Leighton Meester
- Background music while James and Beau are talking in the alley – Carolina Boy – Lee Brice
- Guys singing in the van – Chug-a-Lug – Roger Miller
- Kelly and James eat dinner at a nice restaurant – Last date – Floyd Cramer
- (unknown scene) – It Ain’t Gotta Be Love – Brett Eldredge
- (unknown scene) – She’s Actin’ Single (I’m Drinkin’ Doubles) – Ronnie Dunn
- Beau’s first song in Houston – Chances Are – Garrett Hedlund
- Chiles’s first song in Houston – Words I Couldn’t Say – Leighton Meester
- Kelly starts to sing in Houston – Country Strong – Gwyneth Paltrow
- Kelly sits down and sings in Houston – A Fighter – Gwyneth Paltrow
- (unknown scene) – She’s Got You – Patsy Cline
- In the van looking at notecards – Sea Of Heartbreak – Don Gibson
- Chiles doing Beau’s hair in her hotel room – Kissin’ In Cars – Bekah Hailey Band
- (unknown scene) – Liar’s Lie – Lee Ann Womack
- Recording studio, Kelly tells James that he gave Chiles her song – Coming Home – Leighton Meester
- Beau and James talking – Take Me Away – Hayes Carll
- Kelly dancing drunk at the bar – Song Of The South – Alabama
- (unknown scene) – Keep On Smilin’ – Wet Willie
- Beau singing new song with Chiles in the bar – Give In To Me – Garrett Hedlund and Leighton Meester [Link to Faith Hill version]
- Beau sitting at bar to when Chiles knocks on Beau’s hotel door – Steal You Away – Matt Fleenor
- Beau and Chiles sing together and then are kissing – Give in to Me – Garrett Hedlund and Leighton Meester [Link to Faith Hill version]
- Singing to the boy with Leukemia and dancing – Travis, Can I Have This Dance – Gwyneth Paltrow
- Driving to Dallas – Fly Again – Nikki Williams
- Beau sings a song for Kelly in Dallas – Hide Me Babe – Garrett Hedlund
- Beau’s second song in Dallas – Turn Loose All The Horses – Garrett Hedlund
- Chiles on stage in Dallas – A Little Bit Stronger – Leighton Meester
- Kelly’s first song in Dallas – Country Strong – Gwyneth Paltrow
- Kelly’s second song in Dallas, wearing blue dress – Shake That Thing – Gwyneth Paltrow
- Kelly’s third song in Dallas – Coming Home – Gwyneth Paltrow
- After party in Dallas – Love Don’t Let Me Down – Chris Young and Patty Loveless
- Interviews at the after party – Talk Is Cheap – Chris Stapleton
- Hospital to funeral – Timing Is Everything – Garrett Hedlund [Link to version by Trace Adkins]
- Lyrics that Kelly wrote in the letter to Beau – If You See Me Getting Smaller – Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson
- Chiles and Beau sing at California Bar – Give In To Me – Garrett Hedlund and Leighton Meester [Link to Faith Hill version]
- End credits – Me And Tennessee – Tim McGraw and Gwyneth Paltrow
- Second end credits song – Timing Is Everything – Trace Adkins
Original music – Original music for Country Strong – Michael Brook
11 of the 39 songs from Country Strong are on the soundtrack album. There are also two versions of songs from the movie sung by other artists that are included on the album.