All 15 Songs from the Green Hornet Soundtrack
There are 15 songs in the Green Hornet, but they did not release a soundtrack album. Not to worry, all 15 songs from the Green Hornet soundtrack are here. The trailers for the movie set the tone with Gangsta’s Paradise ruling the day. The clips are from the movie itself, so unlike most movies these days that throw a totally random song into the ads, you get Coolio in the ads and in the movie.
The Green Hornet soundtrack also features The Humpty Dance from Digital Underground, as well as songs from the early days of White Stripes, plus old school late 70′s Van Halen, Johnny Cash, Brian Eno and David Bowie), The Rolling Stones and even Sam Cooke. The score is also a throwback to a 60s/70s sounding theme.
Now that is one hell of a mix. It’s like someone got hit with some big green poof of smoke when they were pulling this one together. But it works. In fact, it works ridiculously well. One of my favorite musical moments was probably the most somber one. “I Hung My Head” by Johnny Cash was hauntingly perfect for when Britt finds out that his dad died.
The Green Hornet was a great movie. The action was kicking, the lines were funny, and the music was perfectly suited for the film. In fact, my only complaint with the Green Hornet was that the 3D seemed forced. The best 3D scenes were the end credits. No joke.
Here’s the complete list of all 15 songs from Green Hornet with downloads for them as well. They are in the order they appeared in the movie and have notes on the scenes they were in. I was able to figure out 14 of the 15 songs.
- (unknown scene) – Maalaea – Chris Kaller
- Party at the Standard Hotel - Live With Me – The Rolling Stones
- In stretched limo with girl - The Humpty Dance – Digital Underground
- Finds out that his dad died - I Hung My Head – Johnny Cash
- Record player in the back of the car - Symphony No. 3 In E Flat Major ‘Eroica’, Op. 55 – South German Philharmonic Orchestra
- Cuts the head off his dad’s statue - Red Death At 6:14 – White Stripes
- Dancing on his bed after the first fight - Twisting The Night Away – Sam Cooke
- Britt says that “we could be heroes” - Heroes – Brian Eno and David Bowie (writers)
- Fixing up the Black Beauty car - Blue Orchid – White Stripes
- Driving the Black Beauty and singing in the car - Gangsta’s Paradise – Coolio
- Green hornet fighting montage - Feel Your Love Tonight – Van Halen
- Kato playing piano with Lenore – Étude No. 39 (Un Sospiro) – Jay Chou
- Ejection seats - Symphony No. 3 In E Flat Major ‘Eroica’, Op. 55 – South German Philharmonic Orchestra
- Kato shoots Britt and drives away - Green Hornet Theme – David Sardy [link to version played by Al Hirt]
- End credits - Saying Goodbye – The Greenhornes [available in vinyl]
- Second end credits song – Nunchucks – Jay Chou
- Original music for Green Hornet – James Newton Howard