All 5 Songs from The Town Soundtrack
The soundtrack album for The Town only has the score from the movie on it, but you can find all five songs from The Town here. It’s a bit of a bizarre mix for a gritty heist movie. Jason Derulo’s “Watcha Say” is a great song, but not one I would have expected here. True, it plays in the background during a bar scene, but still.
The two songs from Slaine – 99 Bottles and Run It – are more on point. The first also plays in the background during the first bar scene, while the latter plays during the FBI surveillance scene toward the end.
The end credits song by Ray LaMontagne is more of what I would have expected as well – haunting and a bit lost.
I cannot say that I loved this movie. I liked it, but there was something missing. It felt a bit like it was directed by a junior version of Clint Eastwood. Maybe that’s high praise these days, but I’m not certain I mean it that way. It was sad but not tragic, heartfelt but not heartbreaking. Maybe I want movies that are supposed to break you to really break you. Of course, by the box office and the reviews, perhaps I just missed something. I saw Easy A just before it, as part of a double feature, so maybe I was too up to be properly down.
Either way, here’s the complete list of songs from The Town with notes on the scenes they were in and downloads for them.
- First song at the bar – 99 Bottles – Slaine
- Talking to Krista (Blake Lively) at the bar – Whatcha Say – Jason Derulo
- Bust into the apartment with ski masks – Get Paid – Rhaphael Tarpley
- Surveillance – Run It – Slaine and Statik Selektah
- End credits – Jolene – Ray LaMontagne
- Original music – Original music for The Town – Harry Gregson-Williams and David Buckley